Stacking necklaces are great for people who want to incorporate new trends into their everyday look or easily create a new look from the pieces they already have.
Whether its a new pop of color for the season or finding a way to incorporate the pieces you don't wear as often, stacking your necklaces is a great move.
Here are a few tips on how to stack different necklaces and chains together to achieve the perfect look:
- Start with a base layer: Choose a necklace or chain that will serve as the base layer of your stack. This could be a simple chain, a delicate pendant necklace, or a statement necklace. This base layer should be the longest necklace in your stack and will serve as the foundation for the other necklaces.
- Add a second layer: Once you have your base layer in place, add a second necklace or chain. This necklace should be slightly shorter than the first one and should complement the first necklace in terms of style and design. For example, if your base layer is a simple gold chain, you might add a dainty gold pendant necklace as the second layer.
- Layer on additional necklaces: Continue to add additional necklaces to your stack, each one slightly shorter than the one before it. This will create a layered and cascading effect. You can mix and match different styles, colors and materials to create a unique look.
- Mix textures and chains: Another way to add dimension to your necklace stack is by mixing different textures and chains. For example, you could layer a delicate cable chain necklace with a chunky curb chain necklace.
- Add a charm or pendant: To add some interest and personality to your stack, consider adding a charm or pendant necklace. This could be a simple charm like a small letter or number, or a more detailed pendant like a small locket or a symbol.
- Experiment with length: Another way to create a unique look is to experiment with the length of your necklaces. You can mix and match different lengths, such as a long Y necklace, a mid-length chain and a choker.
- Balance and proportion: It's important to balance and proportion your necklace stack, so that it doesn't look too heavy on one side or too lopsided. Keep in mind the size of your neck and face and try to balance the overall look of your necklace stack.
The best thing is that there really is no set order - you can create whatever look you want!